|SEMIYA PAYASAM/VERMICELLI KHEER|
Cook Time: 35 to 40 minutes
Serve: 4 to 5
Semiya Payasam / Vermicelli Kheer will serve alongwith other Payasam like Palada Payasam or broken wheet Payasam in wedding feast or festival season in Kerala.
Semiya payasam / Vermicelli Kheer is popular dessert in India made during special / festive occassions.The preparation of this tasty Payasam/Kheer is very easy.
2-1/2 cups or 75g Semiya / Vermicelli /Seviyan
1 litre warmed Milk
3-4 tbsp cashew nuts and raisins
4 to 5 nos Cardamon (Crushed )
3 tbsp Ghee
3 tbsp Condensed Milk
2 tsp Sugar.
Some people never makes it with condensed milk. I decided to try it with condensed milk which i got from a magazine. I tried the sweet pudding several times and it is very tasty. The creamy condensed milk sweetnes make it so tasty and flavour.You adjust the milk with the amount of Vemicelli taken. If you use more condensed milk there is no need of sugar.
|SEMIYA PAYASAM / VERMICELLI PAYASAM|
1. Take Vermicelli /Semiya
2. Open it
3. Divide it two parts and take one part ( 150g Vermicelli packet,I took half of it ie:75g or 2-1/2 small cups )
4. Break the Semiya / Vermicelli by hand into 1 or 2 inch size.
5. Take a heavy bottom pan or pot with ghee. Heat it and add the Cahew nuts and when slightly brown add the raisins. When the Raisins puffs up remove and set aside.
6. In the same pan roast the Semiya/Vermicelli with the remainig ghee until it golden brown.Set aside.
7. Take a heavy bottom pan with Milk and heat it in a medium flame. Stir well and cook for 20 to 25 minutes.Add sugar if necessary.
8. Now add the condensed Milk. Stir it 1 or 2 minutes.
9. Add roasted Semiya /Vermicelli. Cook for 10 minutes.Add Cardamon and Turn off the flame and garnish with Cahew nuts and Raisins.
10. Now you can serve it hot or serve it chilled as you like.
1. You can buy roasted Semiya / Vermicelli from the market so don't need to roast it.
2. You can add condensed Milk more, in that case no need of sugar.
3. Cashew nuts and Raisins also you can add more as your needs.